How To Use Pinterest “Place” Pins
Pinterest has stated that “every day people Pin about 1.5 million places, and there are more than 750 million Pins of these destinations on Pinterest.” So, they took this info and decided to make Place Pins even more “rich”. The new features of a Place Pin include data like address & phone number and are viewable on an interactive map.
What can you do with Place Pins? Well, if you’re a traveler, it’s a no-brainer to use Place Pins for searching out your next travel spot or sharing great inspiration from your adventures.
If you’re a business not relating to the “travel” field, get those creative juices flowing and find new ways to utilize this great technology! Need some help? Here are 10 ways to put those Pinterest Place Pins to use for your business:
1) If you are a performer/musician/speaker/entertainer: Create a Places Board for photos from your shows & the venues you’ve performed. This can be done for previous or upcoming shows to aid in promotion.
2) Create a Places Board focused on something that inspires you- maybe from music festivals, art shows, or other niched gatherings.
3) If you are in the fashion or beauty industry: Create a Places Board for fashion inspired from different cities with photos from fashion shows, etc..
4) Business owner with multiple locations or sister locations? Create a Places Board showcasing each location and what’s unique about it.
5) If you’re in the retail industry: Create a Places Board showing where your products come from or what places inspired their existence.
6) In the hotel industry? Create a Places Boards promoting each location with pins of attractions close-by.
7) In the restaurant industry? Create a Places Board showing different dishes you feature and where they originated.
8) Create a board with your recommended restaurants, hotels, boutiques, salons, venues, etc! This can be a great way to cross-reference with other businesses (let them know you’re recommending them and see if they would do the same for you!)
9) Show your followers where your products or services are being used/worn. This can be a fun way to get your customers involved with a social campaign! You could start a contest for the most creative use of your service/product with submissions via Pinterest Place pins! This is 1) a great way to showcase your product or service and 2) fun to see where your product/service is being used.
10) Create a places board with your business goals relating to other markets or areas. This can be a starting point to visualize your marketing goals with relation to territory. And remember to be creative! If you’re goal is to expand to a new state, show something you plan to bring them in that pin (maybe a design mock up or a new product, etc..)
Need more examples? Pinterest has created a Places Pin example page for you.
**Have any more interesting ideas? Please do share with Downlifter via email or your preferred social outlet.**
– See more at: http://downlifter.com/1/post/2013/12/how-to-use-pinterest-place-pins.html#sthash.SOeIsiHV.dpuf
Reply to comment by